Thursday, September 23, 2004

Fitness



So, in light of the fact that:

a) I am a fat crap
b) It seems that all of the men in my family develop life-threatening heart problems (that is, if the cancer doesn't get us first!)

I am joining a gym.
Thanks to the help of one enterprising Ms. Chilton, I managed to get myself to the Washington Sports Club and sign up for a week's free membership and was offered a neat promotion if I sign up for a real membership. I got to work out without waiting, and I got to watch the Red Sox play the Orioles while I did it! I am enthused about working out regularly and about eating right (goodbye, sweet fried things).

Your job, friends and acquaintances, is to police me. I am weak. I may falter. So kick my ass if you see me lying down and eating a French fry sandwich.

I want to live!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, no french fry sandwiches? Then what will you eat?

-drew

1:50 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

You can still have Dots right?? In moderation??

Because a dotless existence would clearly be worse than an early death ...

2:14 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

To answer your questions:

1)It turns out I like vegetables and nuts... and I had some oatmeal at the diner, which was great.

2) Yes, I have consulted my doctor, and dots are on the diet.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home