Thursday, October 21, 2004

Amazing.

After game 3:

After game 7:




Amazing.
That's the only word. Now, I know that I haven't been a die-hard Red Sox fan for all that long. Sure I grew up going to Fenway, but it's been maybe 7 years since I have lived and died by the Sox. That being said, I am still just kind of stunned by the amazing ALCS. I didn't know what to do when they won. Bill Simmons (writer for ESPN and die-hard Red Sox fan) says:

"So what happens now? Where do I go from here? Should I throw myself into politics? Backpack across Europe? Take up gourmet cooking? Learn how to fly airplanes?"

That's kind of how I feel. Calling my Boston friends and my dad (perhaps the longest suffering Sox fan I know... a fan since the Braves left town and, after a brief period of confusion in which he looked to the Yankees, swore allegiance to the Sox) helped me to understand just how big it really is! I know there is still much to do in the World Series, but I am just so happy for Boston. And for the Sox, who seem like genuinely good guys. Couldn't have happened to a better team. Friday I am off to Boston to celebrate with my family and my city. It's gonna be great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home