Monday, April 25, 2005

Going West



Anyone reading this blog knows that I love music and that I do not love real estate. This being the case, it’s really about time I made a change. I’ve been trying to find a music job in Washington for almost a year now, and nothing has materialized. As much as I love it here, Washington just isn’t the right place to be.

So.

I’m moving to California. I’m just going to pick up and go. My best friend from home, Jon, has a place near Beverly Hills, and one of his roommates is going to be gone for the summer (probably June and July). The current plan is for me to move my stuff back to Boston at the beginning of June and head to Cali from there. (I wanted to make the trip as long as possible.)

What am I going to do there, you ask? Good question. I’m not entirely sure. Maybe I will get lots of jobs as a studio musican playing the saxophone. Maybe I will get a job in a recording studio. Maybe I will get a desk job at a huge corporation. Maybe I’ll work with stage sound. Maybe I’ll strike it Rich writing jingles for cereal commericials. There’s a lot of possibilities, and I would be more than happy with any of them.

Hey, I’m young and I’ve got a dream, and there’s no better time for me to go and just give it a shot. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

2 Comments:

Blogger Anna said...

Woohoo for a free place for me to stay in California!! Um, I mean, woohoo, you have a dream? Yes, that's it...

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi danny,
your dad shared the blog with me...i have been enjoying reading it...you are a creative communicator! i like the dream and the plan for pursuing the dream...real estate has been a practical experience, but i agree that you are young and now is a good time to chase the dream...loved seeing the pix too...love,
auntie ellen

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home